I am all about my new travel pillow the . I actually wrote a whole blog post about my favorite travel pillow in general, because I hoard them like a weirdo, and this one is the top of the list. For some reason, I forget my pillows all the time and end up buying more so I have the ridiculous amount of 5 travel pillows. I’m going to do a little Trtl pillow review and share why I like it so much.
Trtl Pillow Review
I’m not even being paid to promote this OR to show you these pictures of me looking like a fool in it, I’m doing it out of the kindness of my heart, lol, so you can also enjoy this pillow.
I mean, I look awesome, right? #glamourshot
That picture actually is a photo of me sleeping, it’s not staged. I was back from Slovenia with Helen, the photographer I was working with on that trip and she took some silly pics of me sleeping which I thought would never see the light of day, until now.
How Trtl pillow works is really unique, and it’s kind of weird no one thought of it until now.
It’s made of a fleece material and wraps around your neck, to be velcroed in place. While from the outside looking in, you’ll think it’s just a piece of fleece material wrapped around like a scarf, it’s more like a neck brace (lol, seriously though). It has a piece of plastic inside which is bent in a ‘C’ shape and rests with the top of the ‘C’ on your shoulder and the other end below your chin. the ‘C’ curves in toward your neck “bracing it”.
Click the image above to see it on Amazon and read more reviews.
The plastic is pretty sturdy, so once you put the ‘C’ in place, you wrap the fleece around, and secure it. Your head is now just straight up. You can’t really bend it to the side that the ‘C’ is on. So, you sleep by leaning your head toward whatever side this is – as the other side is not as supported. You lean it to the side, but your head stays fairly straight, making it really comfortable to sleep. As in even more comfortable than leaning over to lay your head on the window which can kind of strain your neck.
PS Trtl is prounounced “turtle”.
These are not the best photos of me, but I want you to see how the pillow fits!
Before I say how awesome this pillow is, I’ll start with the only two negatives I’ve found with the Trtl pillow.
- It looks dorky. I know I shouldn’t care, but I kind of care about looking like a weirdo, and this isn’t the “normal” travel pillow so I did get some looks. But, on my flight back to India there were two girls with these! So, my goal is to get everyone to fly with these then it will become the norm and we will all look cool.
- It gets hot if the plane is hot – luckily, most planes are Arctic cold, so this is basically only an issue if you are trying to fall asleep right when you board before taking off before the A/C is running.
Now for the things I like about the , enough to make me write a whole article about it.
- It’s lightweight at just 200 grams. This adds virtually no weight to your luggage.
- It’s the most supportive pillow I’ve found and with the “ergonomic position” it puts your head in to sleep, it’s to be better for your neck and back than a standard ‘U’ shaped pillow.
- You don’t only have to wear it on the side and lean to one side or the other. If you put the ‘C’ in front, you can lean forward and your head will stay straight up.
- It’s flexible and easier to pack than most pillows. It’s so tiny, just 7.5×7.5. With the way it’s shaped it can easily be put into a tote, backpack, luggage, or whatever by just putting it on its side and sliding it into the side of an already full bag. Actually, my ebags professional slim backpack has a little pocket for a camera lens, but this fits in PERFECTLY.
- The hypoallergenic fleece can washed. It won’t get as dirty as standard ‘U’ shaped pillows because instead of strapping them to your luggage or backpack, this will fit inside your bag without issue. No more lugging around a pillow at the airport.
- It is cozy, soft, and keeps you even warmer on cold flights. The fleece is a really soft material, and thin. It feels good on your skin, not scratchy or synthetic.
- It’s comfy even in the airport. I wore mine while I was working at a Starbucks, and did some work while feeling totally cozy. I’m pretty sure that’s not what it was made for, but hey, a little neck support while typing never hurt anyone. The looks and judgment I got kind of hurt, lol jk – airports are where you can be totally weird and get away with it because we are all tired and miserable!
Overall, this Trtl pillow review is a positive one.
I highly suggest checking this out, and if it’s not comfortable for you, you could return it – but I think it would work on most people as the size is quite generic.
Buy this as a gift for yourself or a traveler you love and give them the gift of sleeping well on planes for their upcoming trips!
. You can choose the colors and Amazon sells it for $29.99, which is $10 off the list price on their website of $39.99.
Pin this Trtl pillow review for later:
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.