Welcome back to This is India! I always have funny/weird stories about India to share with friends or family when I talk to them. This is just meant to be an honest portrayal about my life in India through short anecdotes. I also share here what I’ve been up to online outside Werkenntwen.
What I was up to other than here:
- It’s been a week of hard work here in Goa. I flew up to Mumbai on Saturday for the day. Ben has been bouncing around as well, working a lot in Maharashtra
- Other than that, I’ve pretty much been glued to my computer. It seems like every year in January, SO much work comes all at the same time! But, it’s good for my wallet so I am not complaining! When a great project comes along that is a good fit for this blog, I always agree to it – even when I’m drowning in work. It’s hard not to.
- I’ve been so busy I haven’t even read :O so, no book recommendations this week.
- Finally, on Wednesday, I started going through the 200+ applications I received for the travel assistant … they are so good. I’m narrowing them down and hope to share this news by next week.
- This weekend a few girls and I are doing a girls’ getaway in the North of Goa and rented out a couple beach shacks. Okay I say a few girls but it’s actually two girls and a baby, but the baby is a girl too! haha
- So, I’m thinking Bali is next…. and soon!
Now your story,
Gypsy Journey Fair was a success!
There was a taxi dilemma getting to the airport at 430 in the morning here in Goa, but luckily another ride came through so the day started a little shaky. I got into Mumbai exhausted and had a nap before my speech which was at 330.
It was held at the Phoenix Mall and was open to the public the invitees. I was nervous, had a coffee, so then felt nervous and jittery so that was dumb, haha.
I spoke with a very talented travel writer, Piya, who write for publications like National Geographic and we talked about me being a foreign girl traveling alone in India & her an Indian girl traveling alone: the issues we face, the tips we had, etc.
(dress is an Indian company called !)
We also spoke about getting travel deals, where to go, how to balance a 9-5 with travel (not my expertise LOL!), and told stories. The half hour flew by.
I’m glad I did it but honestly, don’t know if I will again as it was really stressful. Every blogger does Instagram Stories and Snapchat, and YouTube and I can’t get into all that because I feel too nervous on camera. I feel too nervous just talking to more than 10 people in a group! I’m glad I did it, though, and overcame that fear.
It was good to see the Israel team in India and Visit Malaysia present as I’ve also worked with them in the past. I talked with some local companies who are doing really cool stuff for travelers in India.
I didn’t have much time in Mumbai because I wanted to fly back the same day. I have so much work from being in Finland (writing about Finland & editing photos, following up with nearly 50 brands I met at MATKA Fair, and all the e-mails and work I didn’t get done while I was traveling).
I am obsessed with the therapy dogs at Mumbai airport by the way, I see them all the time and they are there to comfort passengers. Basically the best thing ever.
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.