Are you thinking about venturing to Goa for a wellness or yoga retreat? You might find that online you’ll be overwhelmed with the options when you try to book a yoga retreat in Goa and it’s hard to filter through it all. I am no yoga pro, which I don’t hide but I’ve lived in Goa long enough to hear about the best places, some of which my friends have come here for. I get asked about this all the time on email, so I wanted to just put all the ones I’ve heard are the best into a blog post so it’s easily accessible to you all.
For bookings, I’m linking to the largest yoga retreat booking site called for you to book a yoga retreat in Goa from. This site is great because it has reviews from people who have taken the course personally and you can look at the property, the food, the types of yoga, the wellness aspects, the cost, and book it all online before you come to Goa. The website only allows very professional companies on, and they themselves research each program. I suggest comparing in depth the places I mention to see which ones work best for you. They aren’t cheap, and many of the best ones are run by foreigners with Indians as partners, so the rates are typical to a Western budget, not an Indian one. You can search by budget, level of study, and type of yoga practice in the filters. Many retreats have a money-back guarantee.
Goa is a GREAT place for a retreat for so many reasons:
- The warm weather is great for your health, as is the Ayurvedic Indian food
- The retreats are all in the most amazing locations with monkeys playing in the coconut trees overhead
- Some of the best yoga teachers in the world come to places like Goa to run retreats
- You can combine it with a holiday here in Goa, before or after
I am going to list five of the top yoga retreats here in Goa, India but in my 170-page ebook The Insider’s Guide to Goa, I have a more extensive list within each beach area of the retreats by area. You can use discount “GOAYOGA” to get 30% off my ebook. .
Book a Yoga Retreat in Goa – Your 5 Best Options for Wellness and Relaxation in Goa, India
1. 42,000 Rs ($655 USD) for 8 days/7 nights
This is a seven-day yoga and meditation retreat in my village which many of my friends have joined, and I have gone myself for drop-in classes. I am listing this first because it’s the number one place I recommend. The property is really cute which bamboo huts up on the hill and a sandy juice bar zone to chill at. The yoga shala is tucked up in the jungle and has a peaceful vibe. All instructors listed here are Indian and you can read the full schedule with .
- 3 types of eco-friendly accommodation for different budgets with WiFi and solar water heating
- Vegetarian brunch and dinner included
- Yogic techniques
- Havan or fire ceremony
- Morning meditation and yogic kriyas
- Pranayama and asana classes
- Buffet-style vegetarian meals
- 7 nights of accommodation
- Yoga styles include: Kriya, Restorative, Nidra, Karma
- Affordable spa treatment add-ons
2. 76,495 Rs ($1193 USD) for 14 days/13 nights
This is another retreat in my village that I have had many friends attend. I often see the yogi from this retreat at my favorite cafe in town, Villa Blanche! This is a longer course, and is focused on Astanga Vinyasa yoga, “which has also been shown to help build strength, improve flexibility, relieve stress, therefore creating a general state of calmness, well-being, and ease”. This is more upscale, gorgeous rooms in an old restored Portuguese house, and amazing food. The original Purple Valley comes from Mysore, which is famous for yoga. This is a GREAT value for what you get and the length of the program.
- 3 types of lodging to choose from for those on a budget
- Guided meditation and pranayama
- Practice and understanding of Ashtanga yoga
- Daily morning and afternoon yoga classes with experienced instructors
- Daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full use of the retreat facilities
- 13 nights of accommodation
- Top instructors from all over the world, listed on
- Affordable spa options for add-on
3. 7 days/6 nights
View this post on Instagram
For those of you looking for a yoga retreat by the sea, this is one of the top-ranked retreats not just in Goa, but in India. You’ll get beautiful beach huts by the sea on one of South Goa’s secret and most secluded beautiful beaches. It’s listed on the yogaretreats.com website to read all the details and reviews, but for booking, you’ll have to book on TripAdvisor as the review site doesn’t have any dates listed.
- Daily yoga sessions (Ashtanga focus)
- Daily meditation sessions
- Traditional dance performance
- Daily pranayama sessions
- 6 nights accommodation
- Daily vegetarian meals
4. 45,999 Rs (717.66 USD) for 7 days/ 6 nights
I love this property! Mandrem is a stunning beach town and this resort is beachside in North Goa. It’s not just a yoga retreat but a spa one too! When it comes to location and comfortable, cute bedrooms, this is THE best place on this list. They say “it has been designed as a deeply nurturing space where you can relax your body, calm your mind, and awaken to your inner peace of being.”
- You level of yoga is unimportant here as they cater to everyone
- 2 large buffet meals per day
- All-scheduled drop-in yoga classes
- One week accommodation at Ashiyana
- Optional massage and holistic treatments
- Relax in the peace and quiet of Ashiyana
- All Ashiyana creative activities
- Meditation, chanting, karma yoga, walks, and impromptu gatherings and workshops
5. 59,00 Rs (920 USD) for 6 days/ 5 nights
I know this one sounds expensive for such a short time, but this is not just a yoga retreat, but yoga combined with wellness. The program “offers a mixture of medical and holistic therapies, providing all the means necessary for a complete body and mind overhaul whilst relaxing in stunning surroundings”. This retreat is on the beach and is a little more luxurious.
- Ayurvedic consultation
- 5 nights luxury accommodation
- Signature progress monitoring before and after assessments
- Personalized nutritionally balanced Ayurvedic vegetarian meals
- 2 daily holistic treatments from across the globe
- Complementary dry skin detox body brush
More options to book yoga retreats in Goa
These are just five of the ones that I know because of friends going or because I’ve seen the property and/or taken a class. There are SO many to choose from. If none of these caught your eye, then do check out the and do your one research to see which are the best. Read reviews closely and see what makes a good fit for you. There are 212 listed, so I recommend filtering by the best rated for reviews. .
Enjoy your wellness experience and if you are for sure coming to Goa, you can read up on my Goa posts by clicking here. You can read about my ebook guide to Goa by clicking here and remember to use the code just for yogis: GOAYOGA when you buy it for 30% off.
Pin “book yoga retreats for later”:
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.