I am just addicted to massage. I mean, I give Thai massages, but usually after I give one I tell people OMG I need one myself now. In India they aren’t that expensive so you could get one for $10 bucks & weekly if you felt like it.
In Maui they are a little more expensive, but I knew I wanted to try their style. I love trying different styles when I travel, like the Indian Ayurvedic, the Balinese, or yoga massage. I even have a salon and spa link on my blog dashboard. When I came out to Maui, a few hotels invited me to try their spa and there’s no chance in hell I was going to pass that up. I scheduled them immediately! This is possibly the #1 perk of being a travel blogger.
There are all big luxury hotels and resorts that have highly ranked spas in Hawaii. You can choose from any and you won’t be let down, I know it’s a lot of money to spend- if you want to budget for only one on your trip to Maui, you can take a peak at these three and see if one suits you. Originally, I was going to tell you the pros and cons, but honestly there weren’t any cons so I’m just going to share about the different styles I tried.
1. Montage Kapalua Bay
The Montage is ranked the #1 spa in America! It did not disappoint and even more than that, it was THE best massage I have ever had in my life. I got the “body bliss”. It was hot stone but she added some traditional lomi lomi (Hawaiian with long strokes by their forearm, very stretching).
I was sore from surfing and she was a magician. It was like she could read my mind, that wonderful Norwegian Dutch woman! I bet you could request her but I don’t know name.. maybe nationality will help :) If you have never had a hot stone massage, I highly suggest this one.
- You can pick your oil scent from Hawaiian smells (coconut for me!)
- The resort is incredible and you can use spa all day
- They use like Egyptain cotton sheets and the softest pillows under your legs and do part of that massage with your head raised.
- Neck-stretching.. whatever it is, was amazing.
- There’s a sauna, steam room, shower waterfall, cafe, gym and more!
- They have the the Mauka to Makai (mountain to sea) experience were you can pick where you’d like your massage. I had mine outside and it was to die for.
To you can check the website: or call 808.665.8282.
2. Westin Maui Resort & Spa
You get to walk past flamingos on your way into this spa! I got the “Heavenly massage” for 50 minutes which just flew by. It was very relaxing, calming, and used heat.
I also got a facial here which was just the coolest thing ever. It’s a machine that just sucks out all your blackheads instead of the therapist having to scrape them out. Painless and works better they do all the other stuff like cleansing and exfoliation but in only 25 minutes. My face was radiant after! But, do NOT go with a sunburn or they can’t do it. As the website states it “stimulates the fibroblasts to produce more broad spectrum collagen/elastin proteins”.
- They have you pick a stone with special wording to focus on during massage. I chose grattitude since I was already feeling very grateful.
- they are the only ones in Maui with the Hyra-facial (and if you book online you get a discount).
- They give you chocolate after, hellz ya!
- The spa makes their own lotion products, called Hualani a pineapple and passion fruit scent. Yum, I even got some to take home and love the sugar body polish.
“Hualani, meaning “Heavenly Fruit” in Hawaiian language, was designed using locally-grown pineapples and passion fruit as well as the moisturizing oils from macadamia nut, coconut and kukui nut.”
- You can use the steam room, sauna, showers, whirlpool and such all day.
- AMAZING views and during season you can whale watch from here.
To you can check the website: or call 808.661.2588.
You know nothing can be bad at the Ritz ;) Here I got a plain Lomi-lomi massage which ended up having hot stones too, which I may now be addicted to. There are all these add-ons you can do for just $25 bucks to amp up your massage as well.
- Get there early and enjoy the amenities: food, snacks, cucumber for your eyes or drink, hot tub, sauna and spa.
- Kick-ass robes! no joke
- You pick a saying at the end in Hawaiian and they tell you what it means.
- Choose from 5 different lotion scents
- The steam room has such intense Eucalyptus I felt like a new person when I got out.
To you can check the website:
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.